January 27, 2013

Day 26 - What A Day

Today has been almost cyclonic conditions here on the Gold Coast - it has not stopped raining all day and the winds have become stronger by the hour- and they say the worst is yet to come.  Thankfully we live in an apartment on the 5th floor so we will not get flooded - but we have had to bring in some items from the balcony just in case they turn into flying missiles.  So stay safe if you are living in Queensland.

Breakfast today we had a great juice - I got the recipe from here - it was so good.




For lunch I convinced my husband to make his awesome Carrot & Coriander Soup - wow it was amazing.  It has carrots/coriander/chillis/ginger/onion/spinach/garlic and dried apricots and vege stock.  It was spicy and sweet at the same time.  And he made enough to feed an army.






Tonight for dinner we are having chicken - I can smell it cooking now - it smells like the Middle East in my kitchen as the recipe has cardamon in it - which is a popular spice which the arabic use primarily in their coffee - of which I am not a fan but I do love the smell.


4 comments:

  1. That juice at the top looks so nice and refreshing, I could do with a glass of that now! And the soup sounds lovely too!

    #teamIBOT was here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super impressed you didnt give into the stress of the storm and have chocolate. I think I probably would have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie - the juice was amazing such a great taste. Thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess - probably the only reason I did not have chocolate was because there was none in the house - and it was to wet to go out.

    ReplyDelete