January 25, 2013

Day 24 - Feeling Much Better

Thank goodness today I have woken and feel much better.  Certainly feel like I have much more energy anyway and the headache has gone.

Today I did not eat breakfast as I was fasting for blood tests - so after the test I snacked on some of the Quintos that I spoke about in a previous post.  I got home about lunch time and made a Jason Vale Smoothie - with rice milk, tahini, manuka honey, cacao powder and a banana.  Wow what a fantastic combination of flavours - it tasted like a chocolate peanut butter banana milkshake - really it did.  But a little sweet.  Try it.

I spent the afternoon making cacao balls - this is where I get my chocolate fix from, and they don't send me on a sugar high like the processed chocolate bars do.  And then I cut up all my bananas to put in the freezer - I use these for smoothies.


Tonight we are going to go out for dinner to a local Vietnamese restaurant that we found a few weeks ago.  I have the menu so I have already chosen what I will have.

1)  Tofu Roll - Rice Paper
2)  Green Papaya Salad

At least I know I can go out for dinner and find some healthy food.  So I'll let you know what its like.

Oh PS:  I have a flourless orange cake in the oven - hope it turns out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment